Provide Education and Care First Aid - Online (Token Only)
Royal Life Saving Society NSW is not a CRICOS provider; it is unable to provide national training to overseas students holding a student visa.
As part of this course candidates must be able to perform at least two minutes of uninterrupted CPR on an adult and child resuscitation manikin placed on the floor.
You are required to have access to a computer and the internet to access the online modules outside of face to face training.
This unit of competency describes the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to infants‚ children and adults. The unit applies to educators and support staff working within an education and care setting who are required to respond to a first aid emergency‚ including asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies.
This unit of competency may contribute towards approved first aid‚ asthma and anaphylaxis training under the Education and Care Services National Law‚ and the Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011).
Specific licensing requirements, including requirements for refresher training, should be obtained from the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) and/or relevant state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authority.
Candidates will be issued the following within 48 hours of enrolment into this course:
- Token Code to access online learning
- First Aid Workbook (Sent via post)
Candidates must complete their workbook and online learning prior to arriving at the course.
Only candidates who hand in a completed workbook and online completion certificate to their trainer will be eligible to participate in the course. The online completion certificate can be accessed once all modules have been successfully completed.
This course requires practical application of Resuscitation and other practical scenarios that will require kneeling on the floor. In order to achieve a Statement of Attainment, candidates must successfully complete the practical components under the award conditions.
Upon successful completion, candidates will be provided a Statement of Attainment with the following units of competency:
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an education and care setting
In order to make sure we are conducting training as safely as possible, and to protect our learners and trainers, Royal Life Saving has implemented some changes to the way we facilitate our Face to Face workshops. We have:
- Made hand hygiene facilities available at our training venues;
- Increased cleaning frequencies and standards for general spaces and equipment;
- Decreased group sizes;
- Introduced physical distancing as per current Government restrictions;
- and Mandated the completion of Infection Control learning modules for all staff and trainers.
At your course you can expect:
- To be asked to complete a Verbal Health Assessment, and Temperature check;
- To be asked to wash/ sanitise your hands prior to entering the training space;
- To be provided adequate personal space in order to maintain required physical distances from others;
- To perform practical assessment tasks on yourself or on a manikin (not on others);
- To be asked to excuse yourself from the training space if you declare yourself to be unwell, or begin displaying flu-like signs;
- To be asked to wash/sanitise your hands before leaving the workshop.
These changes will help to keep everybody safe and they form part of our Terms and Conditions for participation. If you think you may have any difficulty complying with these changes, please contact your local Royal Life Saving office at your earliest convenience.
This course describes the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to infants‚ children and adults. The unit applies to educators and support staff working within an education and care setting who are required to respond to a first aid emergency‚ including asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies.
|Provide Education and Care First Aid - Online (Token Only)||26 August 2021||05:00 pm - 09:00 pm||Royal Life Saving Tasmania||8||$200.00|
|Z012/2 - Provide Education and Care First Aid - Online (Token Only)||26 November 2021||05:00 pm - 09:00 pm||QUEENSTOWN POOL||12||$200.00|